Why Study Cybermedia?
Cybermedia is a bold new course that unveils alternative employment pathways for writers, journalists, and digital storytellers of all kinds. It aims to give students the knowledge and skills to create their own jobs in a world where traditional employment is collapsing.
Cybermedia combines brilliant writing with stunning visuals to offer spectacular views of emerging and future technologies.
Students engage with a worldwide digital audience to create stories for Virtual and Augmented Reality, 360 cameras, and cutting-edge media.
WHAT WILL I LEARN IN THE COURSE?
Cybermedia offers a practical and accessible approach to learning with a combination of online coursework, masterclasses, fieldwork, and networking opportunities.
- how to write awesome linear and non-linear narratives
- techniques to create and deliver unforgettable interactive storytelling
- Social Media self-defence
- how to think like a digital futurist and predict emerging technology trends
- how to devise unique visual approaches for new media platforms
- how to thrive as a self-employed media entrepreneur
Use text, video, animation, graphics and audio to create an interactive story to share on your social platforms.
Cyberculture: Social media self-defence
Learn the differences between trolls, shamers, bullies and stalkers and how to block each type.
Understand digital trends and how this will affect your business.
The robots are coming to take your job. Or are they? How automation will impact current employment paradigms and the future of work.
Learn the tricks of the successful entrepreneur to start your own media empire.
How to implement a digital activism campaign to deliver a social justice agenda.